How To: Create or Edit a User
Only users assigned the role of “Practice Administrator” can create, edit, or disable users.
Add a New Staff User
- Click "STAFF" > "+Create New User".
- Enter the user's information and select their roles, then click "Add User".
- A temporary password appears. Give the new user the practice code, username, and temporary password to log in.
- Upon their first log in TherapyNotes will prompt them to create a permanent password.
Note: User names are unique identifiers for each user. Typical user names are in the format of "bsmith", "bobsmith", "bobs" or just "bob".
Note: The roles Clinician, Clinical Administrator, and Intern cost per month.
Edit a Staff User
- Click STAFF > Click staff user > "Information" tab
- Click anywhere on the "Roles" or the "User Information" box to open it for editing.
Never edit an old account for use by a new user. For example: if a person left the practice and someone new is replacing them, do not simply edit the user name on the account. Instead, disable the leaving user, and create a new user for the new staff member. Having separate user’s accounts for each person is needed to make auditing possible.