Customize, Share, and Process the Client Insurance Form
By default, each practice's Library includes a Client Insurance Form which users can share with clients through TherapyPortal when document sharing is enabled. The Client Insurance Form allows a client to either opt-out of using insurance benefits or provide details about their insurance information and authorize claims and assignment of benefits.
To customize the text of the Client Insurance Form acknowledgement:
- Click Library > Portal Forms tab
- In the table, click Client Insurance Form
- Click the Edit icon in the form Preview box to edit.
- Edit the text in the Acknowledgement section.
- Click the Save Changes button.
To share the Client Insurance Form with a client:
- Click Patients > Patient name > Portal tab
- In the Portal Requests and Shared Documents section, click the Share Documents button.
- The Share Documents on Portal dialog appears. With the Library Documents tab selected, begin typing "Client Insurance Form" in the Select Library Documents to Share field.
- TherapyNotes will generate a list of possible matches as you type. Click on the form from this list to add it to the request.
- Add other documents to the request if desired and enter Instructions for your request.
- Click the Send Document Request button.
Once your request is sent, your client will receive an email notification informing them that there are documents ready for them to complete.
You can share the same form with a client as many times as needed. However, if you want to share the form with a client again before they have completed the initial request, you must first cancel the initial request before sending the form again. For more information on sharing documents with your clients, read Share Documents With Clients on TherapyPortal.
Processing a completed Client Insurance Form:
Once your client completes the Client Insurance Form, you will receive a To-Do List notification to process the client response.
- Click To-Do > Process Portal Responses
- In the table, click the Needs Processing link in the Status column to the right of the form name, or click the form name.
- This opens a page that includes the information your client entered in the form on the left side of the page and editable fields that correspond with their patient Info tab on the right. To fill in the patient's Billing Settings with information that the client entered, click the arrow next to the corresponding field, or click the Merge All button at the bottom of the form to use all of the information the client entered.
- You can undo merged information by clicking the undo icon next to the field you merged or by clicking the Undo All button at the bottom of the form.
- Enter or merge any changes into the form on the right as necessary and click the Save Patient Info button at the bottom. Or, click the Mark as Processed button if you would not like to save any changes to patient information.
By saving any changes made to Patient Information in this process, the client's Info tab is updated automatically.