Customize and Share the Consent for Services Form
By default, each practice's Library includes a Consent for Services form which users can share with clients through TherapyPortal when document sharing is enabled. The Consent for Services form provides a template (reviewed by our legal team) for use by your practice. The consent covers a variety of information, from telehealth services and in-office COVID protocols, to risks and benefits of treatment, confidentiality and social media policies, fees for services, and more. You must review and edit the form to ensure it complies with your practice’s specific policies and procedures and any specific requirements from state and local laws and regulations, board requirements, and/or ethical codes prior to sending it to your patients.
To customize the text of the Consent for Services Form:
- Click Library > Portal Forms tab
- In the table, click the Consent for Services link.
- Click the Edit icon in the form Preview box to edit.
- A blue informational box reminds you of valuable information that must be reviewed and edited as needed. Review all of the content of the form and edit to ensure it matches your specific practice needs.
- Click the Save Changes button.
To share the Consent for Services Form with a client:
- Click Patients > Patient name > Portal tab
- In the Portal Requests and Shared Documents section, click the Share Documents button.
- The Share Documents on Portal dialog appears. With the Library Documents tab selected, begin typing "Consent for Services" in the Select Library Documents to Share field.
- TherapyNotes will generate a list of potential matches as you type. Click on the form from this list to add it to the request.
- Add other documents to the request if desired and enter Instructions for your request.
- Click the Send Document Request button.
Once your request is sent, your client will receive an email notification informing them that there are documents ready for them to complete. They will be prompted to review the form on TherapyPortal and sign to acknowledge they have received and agreed with it. Once the client has signed the Consent for Services form, a copy will be available in the patient Documents tab.
You can share the same form with a client as many times as needed. However, if you want to share the form with a client again before they have completed the initial request, you must first cancel the initial request before sending the form again. For more information on sharing documents with your clients, read Share Documents With Clients on TherapyPortal.