Customize, Share, and Process the Client Information Form
By default, each practice's Library includes a Client Information Form which users can share with clients through TherapyPortal when document sharing is enabled. The Client Information Form is a fully-integrated online intake form, and your clients can enter information directly on TherapyPortal that will fill in their chart in TherapyNotes with just a couple of clicks.
By default, the Client Information Form includes most of the information shown on the Info tab of a client's chart. However, you can choose what information your patients are asked for when the form is shared on TherapyPortal.
To choose which fields are included on the Client Information Form:
- Click Library > Portal Forms tab
- In the table, click the Client Information Form link.
- Click the Edit icon in the Form Preview box to edit
- Select the checkbox to the left of the fields you'd like to show. You can elect to show or hide the fields for Preferred Name, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Race, Languages, Marital Status, and Employment. At this time, all other fields will always be included on the form.
- Click the Save Changes button.
Now, when any user in your practice shares the Client Information Form with a client, only the selected fields will be included.
When shared with a client, any information that you've already entered in their patient Info tab will be pre-populated for them, and your client can submit revised information as needed.
To share the Client Information Form with a client:
- Click Patients > Patient name > Portal tab
- In the Portal Requests and Shared Documents section, click the Share Documents button.
- The Share Documents on Portal dialog appears. With the Library Documents tab selected, click or begin typing "Client Information Form" in the Select Library Documents to Share field.
- TherapyNotes will generate a list of possible matches as you type. Click on the form from this list to add it to the request.
- Add other documents to the request if desired, and enter Instructions for your request.
- Click the Send Document Request button.
Once your request is sent, your client will receive an email notification informing them that there are documents ready for them to complete.
You can share the same form with a client as many times as needed. However, if you want to share the form with a client again before they have completed the initial request, you must first cancel the initial request before sending the form again. For more information on sharing documents with your clients, read Share Documents With Clients on TherapyPortal.
After your client has submitted their completed form, you'll receive a reminder on your To-Do list to Process portal document responses.
To process a completed form:
- Click To-Do > Process portal responses
- In the table, click the Needs Processing link in the Status column to the right of the form name, or click the form name.
- This opens a page that includes the information your client entered in the form on the left side of the page and editable fields that correspond with their patient Info tab on the right. To fill in the patient's Info tab with information that the client entered, click the arrow next to the corresponding field or click the Merge All button at the bottom of the form to use all of the information the patient entered. You can undo merged information by clicking the undo icon next to the field you merged or by clicking the Undo All button at the bottom of the form.
- Enter or merge any changes into the form on the right as necessary and click the Save Patient Info button at the bottom. Or, click the Mark as Processed button if you would not like to save any changes to patient information.
By saving any changes made to Patient Information in this process, the client's Info tab is updated automatically.