How to Generate a Receipt in TherapyNotes
After processing a payment in TherapyNotes, billers will have the ability to generate a payment receipt from the payment page. This receipt can then be printed, emailed, or uploaded as a document through the client portal.
Receipts will generate with your practice information, including a logo if applicable, at the top of the page. If patient account numbers are set up, this will also display on the receipt copy.
To generate a Receipt for a New Payment:
- Click Billing > Enter Patient Payment > Search patients OR Click Patients > Patient name > Patient Billing tab > Enter Patient Payment.
- Enter the payment details, for more information on recording payments, see Enter Patient Payments.
- Once the payment is created and saved, you will see a blue link in the upper right to click to Download Payment Receipt.
- The receipt should generate into your downloaded files, where you can click on the document name to open the receipt.
To generate a Receipt for an Existing Payment:
- Click Patients > Search patients > Patient name > Patient Billing tab.
- In the section labeled Search Billing Transactions, select All Items from the filter options. Payments appear in the transactions list with a light blue background.
- Click the date of service for the payment you wish to print a receipt for.
- In the upper right of the payment details, you will see a link to Download Payment Receipt.
The receipt should generate into your downloaded files, where you can click on the document name to open the receipt.