How To: Upload a Signed Document to Complete a Request
Rarely, asking your client to sign or complete a document electronically on TherapyPortal may not be sufficient. Maybe your client doesn't have access to a scanner or phone to share completed documents with you, or perhaps they forgot to sign an important document before their session and need to sign a physical copy in the office. In the event that you send a document to your client to sign or complete through TherapyPortal but electronically signing or completing the document isn't possible, you have the option of scanning and uploading a signed document to complete the associated request on the client's behalf.
Note: Only Clinical Administrators and Clinicians (for assigned patients) can view or edit documents marked as Clinical.
To upload a signed document to complete a request:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Documents tab or Portal tab
- Click on the name of the document that is pending signature
- For documents with the Upload or Upload and E-sign requirements, under Patient Response, click the Upload a completed document instead link
- For documents with the E-sign requirements, under Patient Signature Record, click the Upload a completed document instead link
- Click the Choose File button to select the document you want to upload from your computer
- Edit the Date for the signed document if necessary
- Click the Upload Document button
Once uploaded, the signed or completed document will also be available for the client to view on TherapyPortal.
In TherapyNotes, the document uploaded by your practice to complete the request is directly associated with the original document sent to the client. To view the document, click the name of the original document on the client's Documents tab. This will open a page that shows both the original document and the document you uploaded.