Rarely, asking your client to sign a document electronically on TherapyPortal may not be sufficient. Maybe your client feels more comfortable signing a physical document, or perhaps they forgot to sign an important document before their session and need to sign a physical copy in the office. In the event that you send a document to your client to sign through TherapyPortal but electronically signing the document isn't possible, you have the option of scanning and uploading a signed document to complete the associated request.
Note: Only Clinical Administrators and Clinicians (for assigned patients) can view or edit documents marked as Clinical.
To upload a signed document to complete a request:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Documents tab or Portal tab
- Click on the name of the document that is pending signature
- Under Patient Signature Record, click the Upload a signed document instead link
- Click the Choose File button to select the document you want to upload from your computer
- Edit the Date for the signed document if necessary
- Click the Upload Document button
Once uploaded, the signed document will also be available for the client to view on TherapyPortal.
In TherapyNotes, the uploaded signed document is directly associated with the original document sent to the client. To view the uploaded signed document, click the name of the original document on the client's Documents tab. This will open a page that shows both the original document and the uploaded signed document.