While not required, the Nickname field in the Patient Info tab allows you to input your client's preferred name. For a personalized touch in correspondence with your client, the nickname appears on the individual's client portal account, and you may also choose to include the nickname on patient appointment reminders in place of your client's legal first name.
To include nicknames on patient appointment reminders:
- Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Appointment Reminders
- If not already enabled, select the Enable TherapyNotes Appointment Reminders checkbox
- Under Email Reminder Settings, select the Address patients by their nickname instead of their legal first name, if a nickname is on file checkbox
When entered, nicknames will always appear on the client portal with their scheduled appointments.
The nickname field should not be used for internal account numbers or social security numbers. This information can be entered in the corresponding Account Number and SSN fields on the Patient Info tab when these fields are enabled.
To enable the Account Number and/or SSN fields:
- Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Records
- To enable the Account Number field, select the Ask for internal practice account numbers for each patient checkbox
- To enable the SSN field, select the Ask for social security numbers for each patient checkbox