Statements may be easily created for a client directly from their chart, offering a convenient way to provide receipts to your clients for the services you provide. Or, statements can be batched, or created for all or most of your clients at once, which may be useful for monthly invoicing. Our statements print to fit perfectly in a #9 envelope to be mailed out.
Each statement includes your practice's logo, address, and phone number, the date the statement was created, the client's name and address, and selected billing transactions. You may also include a custom comment on your client statements. Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Billing to edit your Patient Statement Settings and create a default comment to be included on each statement.
To create a statement for a client:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Patient Billing tab
- Under Patient Accounting, click the Create Statement link
- A dialog titled Create a Statement will appear. Select the type of statement you wish to create
(A) All open items for the selected patient: Select this option to create a statement which includes only the items that contribute to the client's open balance.
(B) Activity from: Select this option to create a statement which includes all billing activity for the client over a specified date range. Both charges and payments for the client are included on the statement.
- If desired, enter a Statement Comment to be displayed at the bottom of the statement
- To download the statement as a PDF, click the Download Statement button. To print the statement, click the Print Statement button
- If you are downloading the statement, TherapyNotes will prepare your document in a blue bar at the bottom of your browser. When your note is ready, click the Ready: Click to Download link
To create and batch statements for multiple clients:
Note: If you have the role Biller for Assigned Patients Only, you may only batch statements for your own clients.
- Click Billing
- Under Patient Accounting, click the Pt Aging & Batch Statements link
- From the Clinician dropdown, select the name of the clinician whose clients you want to include on the statements, or select All Clinicians to create statements for all clients with an open balance
- From the Age dropdown, select the age of the open balances you want to include on the statements
- Click the Create Report button
- Select the checkbox next to each client you want to create a statement for, or select the checkbox next to Patient in the table header to select all clients
- Click the Create Patient Balance Statements button
- A dialog titled Create Batch of Patient Statements will appear. If desired, enter a Statement Comment to be displayed at the bottom of each statement
- Click the Download Batch button. The selected statements will download as a single PDF
- TherapyNotes will prepare your document in a blue bar at the bottom of your browser. When your note is ready, click the Ready: Click to Download link