A work schedule can be specified for each Clinician so TherapyNotes knows when each person starts and ends their work days. The information is available to Schedulers so they know each Clinician’s availability. If a Scheduler attempts to create an appointment for a Clinician when that Clinician is not working, a warning message appears to alert the user of the scheduling conflict. The work schedules also enable new and existing patients to schedule appointments through the Client Portal. Clinicians without a work schedule do not appear on the Client Portal.
Work schedules are not required to be set. Without a work schedule, the system will allow an appointment to be created at any time without a warning.
To create a work schedule:
User Icon > Settings > "Work Schedules"
- Decide whether or not to check the box next to "Only practice administrators and schedulers can edit work schedules.
- Clinicians can not edit their own work schedules if this option is selected". Select the clinician from the dropdown.
- Click "Edit" in the upper right corner of the "Work Schedule" box to open for editing.
- Configure the dropdowns and fields to select a day, start time, end time, and location.
- To add a schedule for another day, click the blue "+Add a Time" button.
- When finished click the green "Save Work Schedule" button.
To block off recurring events like lunch or staff meetings, do NOT use the Work Schedule feature. Instead:
- Click SCHEDULING at the top > "+Create New Appointment"
- From the "Type" dropdown select "Scheduled Event".
- Select the Clinician, location, date, start time, end time, and set the "Frequency" to "Recurs Weekly".
- Select the days of the week for the lunch/event black out to recur for the user.
- Write any notes in the "Event Description" box.
- Click the green "Create Appointment" button to save.