TherapyNotes offers integrated credit card processing at low rates while waiving a variety of typical fees.
- Gateway Fee: $10/month. Monthly fee for using the processor's payment gateway, the service that either authorizes or denies a credit card charge.
- Rates: 2.6% per transaction (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted)
- Regulatory Product Fee: $3.50/month. This is a monthly IRS reporting fee.
Note: Fees may vary by merchant. Rates are subject to change and this article may not always have the most up-to-date information. Please refer to your merchant services agreement and let us know if you have any questions.
- DDA Rejects: $25 per item. Similar to a bank overdraft fee, this fee only applies when the processor attempts to pull fees from your bank account, but there aren't enough funds available.
- Chargeback Fee: $25 per instance. Chargebacks only apply when a credit card is used without the consent of the card holder. As the merchant, you are responsible for this fee when charges are fraudulently imposed on a client.
- Retrieval Fee: $15 per item. A retrieval fee is charged when a customer or the customer's issuing bank submits a retrieval request in order to substantiate a transaction.
- PCI Non-Compliance Fee: $19.95/month. PCI compliance ensures that your system meets the security standards set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI). Continue reading below to learn how to avoid the non-compliance fee.
Many typical credit card processing fees have been waived for TherapyNotes customers.
Apply for Credit Card Processing
Complete the merchant application
Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Credit Card Processing > Apply Now
Enter your email address to begin the application process. Shortly afterwards, you will receive an email from CardConnect with instructions to apply for CardPointe, the payment processing platform you will use to manage credit card transactions and access reports. Please follow the instructions provided in the email to complete and sign the CardPointe application. If you need any assistance during this process, please contact our support team.
Wait for your approval email
Typically, merchant account applications take 1 to 5 business days to process. Once your merchant account is approved, you will receive an email from CardConnect with your merchant ID. You will also receive additional information from TherapyNotes to get started with processing cards through your TherapyNotes account.
After you have received notice of your merchant account approval, you will receive an email from CardConnect with login information for your Payeezy Global Gateway, an eCommerce solution where your credit card transactions are processed and managed. Use the username and password sent to your to set up the gateway.
Once you are able to log in to the gateway, click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Credit Card Processing to see how to integrate credit card processing into your TherapyNotes account. This will allow you to process payments directly through TherapyNotes instead of the Payeezy Global Gateway.
Avoid PCI Non-Compliance Fees
Visit https://pci.trustwave.com/cardconnect to stay PCI compliant by completing the PCI questionnaire and reviewing the questionnaire each year. This process ensures your computer and network meet the standards for safety and security set by the Payment Card Industry (PCI). Otherwise, you will be charged a monthly $19.95 PCI Non-Compliance Fee. For assistance with this compliance process, please contact CardConnect at 1-800-363-1621.
Purchase the recommended USB card reader (Optional)
You are not required to swipe cards to charge them in TherapyNotes, but we strongly recommend it. Swiping cards reduces the chance of data entry error and decreases processing time. We recommend purchasing a USB card reader to process cards with your TherapyNotes account.
At this time, TherapyNotes credit card processing does not support the use of EMV (chip cards) or contactless payment.
Support for Credit Card Processing
In most cases, the TherapyNotes support team will be able to assist you with questions about credit card processing and allocating payments in your TherapyNotes account. If we cannot resolve the issue for you, we will contact the processor on your behalf. However, there are some circumstances when you may need to contact them directly: