System Logging Out
For security reasons, TherapyNotes logs off users who are idle for too long. This time can be adjusted by changing your Login Settings.
- Click the User Icon > Settings > Security (under Account and Access)
- Configure the fields under Login Settings as desired.
- Click the Save Custom Security Settings button.
This is not the only factor that can determine timeouts. Your computer has its own, generally non-configurable, settings built into the browser to determine when the session is idle and lock it. This feature is primarily used by our system for security and patient privacy.
It is possible that you may still get logged off before that time setting. Here are some things to consider and help you troubleshoot issues:
- If you or someone else logs on with your User Name on another computer or web browser you will get logged off first. Never share your User Name with anyone!
- If you exit your web browser you will automatically be logged off.
- Security software, such as antivirus or firewall software, might interfere with TherapyNotes. Software that deletes cookies causes problems. Try temporarily disabling any software that might be causing the issue to verify.
- Try a different web browser to see if it makes a difference. We support Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your web browser.
- Network problems can cause issues, such as bad Wi-Fi connections or if your network address changes.
- It is also possible that our server logged you off for a technical reason out of our direct control, but this is rare.
- See if the problem occurs on other computers or for other colleagues at your practice (if applicable) and let us know what you find. Does the problem occur if you try TherapyNotes from another location, such as from home?