Clinician Billing Setting Overrides
In some circumstances, a clinician may need to bill with different information than the practice, such as when a clinician is paneled with a payer separately from the practice. A clinician billing setting override allows clinicians to override the default practice information (such as NPI or tax ID) when submitting claims to all or select payers.
To set up a clinician billing setting override:
- Click Staff > Staff Name > Billing tab
- Click anywhere on the box labeled Clinician Billing Setting Overrides to edit.
- Click the + Add Override button.
- Choose which payer the override affects from the Payer dropdown. Select Any Payer to apply the override to all payers.
- In the remaining fields, enter only the information that differs from the default practice information. All other fields should be left blank.
- To enter an override for a different payer, click the + Add Override button.
- After you have entered all of your overrides, click the Save Changes button.