Collect Contact Information With the Patient Contacts Form
By default, each practice's Library includes a Patient Contacts Form which users can share with clients through TherapyPortal when document sharing is enabled. The Patient Contacts Form is a fully-integrated online intake form, and your clients can enter information directly on TherapyPortal. Once completed, the information submitted on the form can be merged into the client's chart with just a few clicks.
To share the Patient Contacts Form with a client:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Portal tab
- In the Shared Documents on Portal section, click the Share Documents button
- The Share Documents on Portal dialog appears. With the Library Documents tab selected, begin typing "Patient Contacts Form" in the Select Library Documents to Share field.
- TherapyNotes will generate a list of possible matches as you type. Click on the form from this list to add it to the request.
- Add other documents to the request if desired, and enter Instructions for your request.
- Click the Send Document Request button.
Once your request is sent, your client will receive an email notification informing them that there is paperwork that is ready for them to complete.
You can share the same form with a client as many times as needed. However, if you want to share the form with a client again before they have completed the initial request, you must first cancel the initial request before sending the form again. For more information on sharing documents with your clients, read How to Share Documents With Clients on TherapyPortal.
After your client has submitted their completed form, you'll receive a reminder on your To-Do list to Process portal document responses.
To process a completed form:
- Click To-Do > Process portal document responses
- Click the Process link to the right of the form.
- This opens a page that includes the information your client entered in the form on the left side of the page and editable fields that correspond with the Contacts section of their Patient Info tab on the right. To fill-in their Contacts section with information that the client entered, click the arrow next to the corresponding field or click Merge All at the bottom of the form to use all of the information the patient entered. You can undo merged information by clicking the undo icon next to the field that you merged.
- Enter or merge any changes into the form on the right as necessary and click the Save Patient Info button. Or, click the Mark as Processed button if you would not like to save any changes to patient information
By saving any changes made to Contacts in this process, the Contacts section of the client's Patient Info tab is updated automatically.