How To: Sync Calendar to Another Device or Program
With our Sync Calendar feature, you can easily sync your TherapyNotes schedule to your smart phone or favorite calendar software, allowing you to view your schedule on the go or access your schedule even if TherapyNotes is unavailable.
Any clinical user (Clinicians, Clinical Administrators, and Interns) can sync their TherapyNotes calendar to an external device or program. Practice Administrators and Practice Schedulers may sync each clinical user's calendar individually or sync the calendar for the entire practice to an external device or program.
Please note that, for your security, this feature only allows a one-way sync from TherapyNotes to the external device or program. Because we cannot verify the security of third-party calendar programs, we do not allow these programs to push information into TherapyNotes. Any changes made to your calendar through the external device or program will not be reflected in TherapyNotes. To add, delete, or modify an appointment or event on your TherapyNotes calendar, you must log in to TherapyNotes.
To sync your TherapyNotes calendar with an external device or program:
- Click the User Icon > Settings > Sync Calendar With Other Applications
- Under Program- and Device-Specific Instructions, follow the steps for your chosen device or program, or refer to the instructions provided below
Note: This feature only displays appointments 30 days in the past, and 3 months in the future from the current date in the synced calendar application. To view appointments older than 30 days or more than 3 months in the future, you will need to log into TherapyNotes.
Outlook 2007 and Later
To sync your TherapyNotes schedule with your Outlook calendar, click the calendar link provided on the Sync Your Calendar With Other Applications settings page. Outlook automatically recognizes that you clicked a link to a calendar file and will prompt you to open the calendar. Allow Outlook to load the calendar, and confirm that you want to subscribe to updates.
To sync your TherapyNotes schedule with your Google calendar, copy the calendar link provided on the Sync Your Calendar With Other Applications settings page and follow the Add using a link instructions from Google to complete the process.
iPhone and Other Apple Devices
To subscribe to your TherapyNotes calendar on your iPhone, visit the calendar link using Safari or your preferred web browser on your iPhone. To do this, we recommend logging in to TherapyNotes on your iPhone, navigating to the Sync Your Calendar With Other Applications settings page, and tapping on the calendar link. Your iPhone will ask you to confirm your subscription to the calendar.
Alternatively, you can open Settings on your iPhone and select Accounts and Passwords. Select Add Account > Other > Add Subscribed Calendar. In the Server field, type in the calendar link as it appears on the Sync Your Calendar With Other Applications settings page.
Android devices load their calendar information through Google Calendar. Follow the Google Calendar instructions to add your TherapyNotes calendar to your Google account, and your calendar will sync to your Android device.
External Calendar Security
Because our Sync Calendar feature is designed to help you conveniently access your schedule from anywhere on your own device, we've taken precautions to protect your security and your clients' privacy.
- If your device has been stolen, if your external calendar program has been compromised, or if you mistakenly sent the calendar link to an unauthorized party, you can easily deactivate the calendar link to prevent unwanted access. Simply click the User Icon > Settings > Sync Calendar With Other Applications and click the Reset Access button to generate a new link. Note that all devices and programs previously synced with your TherapyNotes calendar must be re-synced if access is reset
- To avoid providing unauthorized access to client appointment details, only the initials of your clients will appear on your external device or program
- As stated previously, we do not allow unverified external programs to push information into TherapyNotes. Because of this, any changes made to your calendar through the external device or program will not be reflected in TherapyNotes