How To Create and Batch Patient Statements
Statements may be easily created for a patient directly from their chart, offering a convenient way to provide receipts to your patients for the services you provide. Or, statements can be batched, or created for all or most of your patients at once, which may be useful for monthly invoicing. Our statements print to fit perfectly in a #9 envelope to be mailed out.
Each statement includes your practice's logo, address, and phone number, the date the statement was created, the patient's name and address, and selected billing transactions. You may also include a custom comment on your statements. Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Billing to edit your Patient Statement Settings and create a default comment to be included on each statement.
To create a statement for a patient:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Patient Billing tab
- Under Patient Accounting, click the Create Statement link.
- In the Create a Statement dialog that appears, select the type of statement you wish to create
(A) All open items for the selected patient: Select this option to create a statement which includes only the items that contribute to the patient's open balance.
(B) Activity from: Select this option to create a statement which includes all billing activity for the patient over a specified date range. Both charges and payments for the patient are included on the statement.
- If desired, enter a Statement Comment to be displayed at the bottom of the statement.
- To download the statement as a PDF, click the Download Statement button. To print the statement, click the Print Statement button.
- If you are downloading the statement, TherapyNotes will prepare your document in a blue bar at the bottom of your browser. When your file is ready, click the Ready: Click to Download link.
To create and batch statements for multiple patients:
If you have the role Biller for Assigned Patients Only, you may only batch statements for your own patients.
- Click Billing
- Under Patient Accounting, click the Pt Aging & Batch Statements link.
- From the Clinician dropdown, select the name of the clinician whose patients you want to include on the statements, or select All Clinicians to create statements for all patients with an open balance.
- From the Balance dropdown, select the balances you'd like to include on the statements. If you select Has Balance Greater Than..., enter a minimum balance in the field that appears. Select the Include Unknown Rates checkbox to include patients with unknown rates.
- From the Age dropdown, select the age of the open balances you want to include on the statements.
- Click the Create Report button.
- Select the checkbox next to each patient you want to create a statement for, or select the checkbox next to Patient in the table header to select all patients.
- Click the Create Patient Balance Statements button.
- In the Create Batch of Patient Statements dialog that appears, enter a Statement Comment to be displayed at the bottom of each statement if desired.
- Click the Download Batch button. The selected statements will download as a single PDF.
- TherapyNotes will prepare your document in a blue bar at the bottom of your browser. When your file is ready, click the Ready: Click to Download link.