Credit, Debit, and HSA Card Processing
TherapyNotes offers fully-integrated credit card processing services, allowing you to securely charge and store your clients' credit, debit, and HSA cards. Cards may be swiped into TherapyNotes using a USB card reader or manually entered when inputting a client payment. The funds you collect from credit card processing are deposited directly into your bank account.
After the card is entered into TherapyNotes once, the card can be securely stored in TherapyNotes to be used for future transactions. This allows you to easily collect copays without needing to swipe the card each time, collect missed appointment fees without waiting to see the client again, and avoid frequent trips to the bank to deposit cash or checks. As an added bonus, accepting credit card payments allows for more convenient visits for your clients.
To begin accepting credit card payments, apply for a TherapyNotes credit card merchant account. Click the User Icon > Settings > Patient Credit Card Processing > Apply Now, or read Credit Card Processing Application and Fees for more information.
To charge a client's credit, debit, or HSA card:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Patient Billing tab > Enter Patient Payment
- In the Payment Method dropdown, select Swipe a New Credit/Debit Card..., Manually Enter a New Credit/Debit Card..., or any card that you have previously entered for the client. Previously entered cards are identified by a security token which consists of the type, last four digits, and expiration date of the card
- Enter the Payment Amount and allocate the funds
- Click the Charge Card and Save Payment button
For additional information, read How To: Enter Patient Payments.
To store a card for future transactions without charging:
- Click Patients > Patient Name > Billing Settings tab
- Click anywhere on the Saved Credit / Debit Cards box to edit
- Click the Enter Card button to manually enter a new card, or click the Swipe Card button to enter the card using a card reader
- If manually entering a card, input the information and click the Save Card button
If you choose to enter a card manually, be sure to double-check the entered information to avoid unnecessary denials.
To issue a receipt to your client, create a statement and choose a custom date range to show information for the date of payment only. The statement can be downloaded and printed.